By Jorge V José
On the fortieth anniversary of the Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless conception (BKT), this informative quantity seems again at many of the advancements and achievements and sundry physics functions which ensued from the attractive BKT vortex-unbinding seminal idea.
During the final 4 many years, BKT thought, that's undeniably the most vital advancements in condensed subject and theoretical physics of the second one half the 20th century, has multiplied broadly. it's been used and prolonged from many alternative theoretical and experimental views. New and unforeseen positive aspects were exposed from the BKT conception. when you consider that its inception, except functions in condensed topic physics, the idea has been actively utilized in different branches of physics, similar to excessive power physics, atomic physics, nuclear physics, statistical physics, nonlinear structures, and so on. This makes the speculation an necessary subject for all who're fascinated with physics.
An overseas crew of specialists, every one of whom has left his mark at the advancements of this impressive conception and experimental purposes, give a contribution either ancient essays and extra certain present technical and experimental bills to this quantity. those articles spotlight the hot discoveries from the respective authors' perspectives.
This distinctive quantity celebrates the impression over 4 a long time of the BKT conception on sleek physics. as well as the ancient point of view supplied via Kosterlitz and Thouless's review, the amount presents a finished description of experimental and theoretical functions and extensions of the BKT theory.
- Early paintings on disorder pushed section Transitions (J M Kosterlitz and D J Thouless)
- Duality, Gauge Symmetries, Renormalization teams and the BKT Transition (J V José)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition throughout the Eyes of Duality (G Ortiz, E Cobanera and Z Nussinov)
- The Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in Superconductors (A M Goldman)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the Sine–Gordon procedure: The position of the Vortex-Core power (L Benfatto, C Castellani and T Giamarchi)
- The Two-Dimensional totally annoyed XY version (S Teitel)
- Charges and Vortices in Josephson Junction Arrays (R Fazio and G Schön)
- Superinsulator–Superconductor Duality in Dimensions and Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition (V M Vinokur and T I Baturina)
- BKT Physics with Two-Dimensional Atomic Gases (Z Hadzibabic and J Dalibard)
- Vortex Physics within the Quantum corridor Bilayer (H A Fertig and G Murthy)
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in condensed subject and theoretical physics.
Read or Download 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory PDF
Similar molecular physics books
This thesis unifies the dissipative dynamics of an atom, particle or constitution inside of an optical box that's encouraged by way of the location of the atom, particle or constitution itself. this permits the id and exploration of the basic ‘mirror-mediated’ mechanisms of cavity-mediated cooling resulting in the idea of more than a few new innovations dependent upon a similar underlying rules.
The booklet is dedicated to the trendy conception and experimental manifestation of Polarization Bremsstrahlung (PB) which arises because of scattering of charged debris from quite a few pursuits: atoms, nanostructures (including atomic clusters, nanoparticle in dielectric matrix, fullerens, graphene-like two-dimensional atomic constitution) and in condensed topic (monocrystals, polycrystals, partly ordered crystals and amorphous topic) the current ebook addresses ordinarily researchers attracted to the radiative procedures throughout the interplay among quickly debris and subject.
The traditional version of undemanding debris and interactions is without doubt one of the top established theories in physics. it's been chanced on to be in extraordinary contract with test, and its validity on the quantum point has been effectively probed within the electroweak quarter. regardless of its experimental successes, even though, the normal version suffers from a couple of barriers, and is perhaps an incomplete thought.
This booklet presents a chronological advent to the electromagnetic concept of sunshine, utilizing chosen extracts from vintage texts similar to Gilbert’s De Magnete, Franklin’s Experiments and Observations on electrical energy, and Huygens’ Treatise on Light. specific recognition is given to the works of Faraday, Maxwell and Heaviside, scientists who unified the previously separate disciplines of electrical energy, magnetism and light-weight.
- Molecular Magnets Recent Highlights
- Quantitative EPR
- Atoms, Molecules and Optical Physics 2: Molecules and Photons - Spectroscopy and Collisions (Graduate Texts in Physics)
- Nanostructuring Operations in Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- The Gaussian Approximation Potential: An Interatomic Potential Derived from First Principles Quantum Mechanics (Springer Theses)
Additional info for 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory
40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory by Jorge V José